Sunday, December 26, 2010

US/Canada Travels for 2011

US/Canada Travels for 2011

Come the first of January 2011 I will be working as a volunteer for
the Padre Island National Seashore located in Corpus Christi Texas.
Find the state of Texas then go to the most southern eastern point and
there you have it. I'll be living out of another version of the
Goatmobile, bigger, better and with the ability of carrying additional
boxes of fine red wine.

The National Seashore will have me rebuilding one of the last known
brothels on Padre Island. Matter of fact once the building is up to
speed for the tourist, the National Park has hired the last known
Madame, me thinks she is in her 90's, to act as a tour guide.

My time at Padre Island is 3 months give or take a month or two. From
Padre it will be through the southwest Geocaching and rock hounding as
I slowly travel northwest back to Alaska. This time I plan on catching
a ferry going up the inner coastal waterway getting off in Sitka, the
Russian Capital until the Russki's sold Alaska to the US, and Juneau
(capital) then back to British Columbia. Thus making the trek back
though the Yukon and Alaska again. Prudhoe Bay is in the cards for
another attempt at photography.

From Prudhoe Bay we head east to the shores of Labrador/Newfoundland.
South through New England, resting in Pennsylvania for a bottle of
scotch and working the organic farm. Then a quick trip through
Missouri stopping off to visit a couple of old hippies with Texas on
the horizon where I will leave the Goatmobile for another winter.

Time wise I am looking at 6-8 months of travel before getting back to Hawaii.

If you are not on Facebook you'll be missing out on the pictures as I travel.
If you do join FB then go to the search and type in "Norm Garon" and
from there I will accept you as a friend.

The Goatmobile is a Toyota Tacoma 6 cylinder crew cab 4WD with a 10"
bottom clearance which allows me to really get into trouble.

Aloha to all,

The Greynomad

No comments:

Post a Comment