For this past Christmas 2009, Santa manage to invoice me to the tune of $19K to cover part of the MEDEVAC flight from the Yukon to the US border; reference motorcycle accident Yukon summer 2008. There went my down payment on my villa in Mexico........
With that bright note behind me, I fly out on the third week of April to Las Vegas, don't ask, then onto Pennsylvania to pickup the Goatmobile. The latest from said couple that have stored the vehicle for the last 6 months, the smell of rotten socks and energy bars is just SO ripe...
From Pennsylvania south to stops in Virginia, North Carolina, then north back through New Jersey and Connecticut. From there its a straight run to Nova Scotia catching the ferry to south western tip of Newfoundland (NFL). Expect to wander around for a bit then eventually up to Bell Isle, an island west of St Johns (capital). From there we work our way across NFL to Labrador. Up the east coast of Labrador then west to Goosebay and finally down to Quebec.
While in Quebec Province, north to Eastmain off the James Bay, next south to International Falls, Ontario before crossing into the US. We then follow routes 5 and 2 across North Dakota, Montana before heading down one side of Idaho and up the other. Cross into British Columbia, Yukon and finally Alaska. Prudhoe Bay sitting on the Beaufort Sea is as far north as I can go. South to Denali National Park and with serious thought of taking the ferry from Anchorage, Alaska to Seattle, Washington.
From Washington south through Oregon, Nevada (Las Vegas) then over to California to ship the Goatmobile back to Hawaii. That's if I haven't completely destroyed the vehicle by then.
And while I travel I will be Geocaching as I go. Go to Google for a definition of Geocaching. Matter of fact while I am traveling, I will be seeking out the Geocaches as I go. I will post the Geocache number for that sight, you in turn go to Geocaching.com. input the number sequence and voila you will have a bit of history of the sight.
For example GC1G7NB, when typed in brings you to the Arctic Circle in Alaska.
Geocaching has over a million sights through out the US/Canada/Europe/Australia and it is a great way to visit areas.
Facebook will be the venue for all of my photo's as I travel.
If for a number of reasons you do not want to receive my blog, please let me know.
Meals of course will cover vast quantities of hummus, power bars, dried fruit, dates, bananas, liquids of various colors and labels. Last of all me one tooth brush from last year's trip and the remains of my one soap bar. It is amazing what you find in rest rooms,trash bins at state and national parks. Be it discarded toothpaste tubes, bits of soap bars, and used paper towels that just makes the trip so much more enjoyable and minimize's my carbon foot print.
Norm Garon
The Greynomad
No comments:
Post a Comment